Vision, Identification with Z-sensing Technologies and key Applications
VIZTA project, coordinated by ST Micrelectronics, aims at developing innovative technologies in the field of optical sensors and laser sources for short to long-range 3D-imaging and to demonstrate their value in several key applications including automotive, security, smart buildings, mobile robotics for smart cities, and industry4.0. The key differentiating 12-inch Silicon sensing technologies developed during VIZTA are:
• Innovative SPAD and lock-in pixel for Time of Flight architecture sensors
• Unprecedent and cost-effective NIR and RGB-Z filters on-chip solutions
• complex RGB+Z pixel architectures for multimodal 2D/3D imaging For short-range sensors : advanced VCSEL sources including wafer-level GaAs optics and associated high speed driver.
These developed differentiating technologies allows the development and validation of innovative 3D imaging sensors products with the following highly integrated prototypes demonstrators:
• High resolution (>77 000 points) time-of-flight ranging sensor module with integrated VCSEL, drivers, filters and optics.
• Very High resolution (VGA min) depth camera sensor with integrated filters and optics.
For Medium and Long range sensing, VIZTA also adresses new LiDAR systems with dedicated sources, optics and sensors Technology developments of sensors and emitters are carried out by leading semiconductor product suppliers (ST Microelectronics, Philips, III-V Lab) with the support of equipment suppliers (Amat, Semilab) and CEA Leti RTO.
VIZTA project also include the developement of 6 demonstrators for key applications including automotive, security, smart buildings, mobile robotics for smart cities, and industry4.0 with a good mix of industrial and academic partners (Ibeo, Veoneer, Ficosa, Beamagine, IEE, DFKI, UPC, Idemia, CEA-List, ISD, BCB, IDE, Eurecat). VIZTA consortium brings together 23 partners from 9 countries in Europe: France, Germany, Spain, Greece, Luxembourg, Latvia, Sweden, Hungary, and United Kingdom.
Universidad Politecnica Catalunya
Commisariat a l Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA Paris)
BCB Informática y Control
Alter Technology TÜV Nord SA
Philips Photonics GmbH
Applied Materials France SARL
SEMILAB FELVEZETO FIZIKAI LABORATORIUM RESZVENYTARSASAG
ELEKTRONIKAS UN DATORZINATNU INSTITUTS
IBEO Automotive Systems GmbH
STMICROELECTRONICS RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LTD
IDEMIA IDENITY & SECURITY FRANCE
Integrated Systems Development S.A.
VEONEER SWEDEN AB
STMICROELECTRONICS (ALPS) SAS
STMICROELECTRONICS GRENOBLE 2 SAS
|Kontakt:||Jason Rambach ; Bruno Mirbach|
|Telefon:||+49 631 20575 3740|