- Contribution to the research and development of deep learning-based real-time models for the recognition of human gestures and postures as well as objects from images
- Contribution to research and development in the field of real-time vision-based human-object interaction (e.g. object recognition, semantic understanding, interpretation of physical interactions)
- Scientific literature research and practical experiments with state-of-the-art algorithms
- University degree in computer science (Master’s or comparable)
- In-depth knowledge in some of the following areas: machine learning and deep learning, image processing and computer vision
- Very good knowledge of C++ and Python
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience with real-time computer vision applications
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) has operated as a non-profit, Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) since 1988. DFKI combines scientific excellence and commercially-oriented value creation with social awareness and is recognized as a major “Center of Excellence” by the international scientific community. In the field of artificial intelligence, DFKI has focused on the goal of human-centric AI for more than 30 years. Research is committed to essential, future-oriented areas of application and socially relevant topics.
DFKI encourages applications from people with disability; DFKI intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position.