- Develop and extend large language models for computer vision applications.
- Implement zero-shot learning techniques to enable models to handle tasks they haven’t been explicitly trained for.
- Work on continual learning strategies to ensure our models learn from new data while remembering previous knowledge.
- Create robust algorithms for situational awareness in unknown environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate these models into broader AI systems.
- Master in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep understanding of large language models and their application in computer vision
- Knowledge in developing and implementing cutting-edge zero-shot and continual learning algorithms
- experience with LLM for computer vision
- Good programming skills in at least one of the programming languages
- Creativity, independence, team spirit, and a proactive attitude
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) has operated as a non-profit, Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) since 1988. DFKI combines scientific excellence and commercially-oriented value creation with social awareness and is recognized as a major “Center of Excellence” by the international scientific community. In the field of artificial intelligence, DFKI has focused on the goal of human-centric AI for more than 30 years. Research is committed to essential, future-oriented areas of application and socially relevant topics.
DFKI encourages applications from people with disability; DFKI intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position.