In two upcoming research projects in the area of automated recycling we will developing algorithms for vision-based waste classification.
- Responsibility for technical and scientific project development.
- Pushing the state-of-the-art in vision-based machine learning research, authoring of peer-reviewed publications.
- Involvement in project management and communication with project partners.
- Degree in Computer Science (Master/PhD)
- Strong foundation in several of the following areas:
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- 3D Computer Vision
- Good programming skills in
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent working conditions with interesting research topics in an interdisciplinary team at an internationally renowned research institute
- Possibility to complete a PhD or teach as a PostDoc at the TU Kaiserslautern
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) has operated as a non-profit, Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) since 1988. DFKI combines scientific excellence and commercially-oriented value creation with social awareness and is recognized as a major “Center of Excellence” by the international scientific community. In the field of artificial intelligence, DFKI has focused on the goal of human-centric AI for more than 30 years. Research is committed to essential, future-oriented areas of application and socially relevant topics.
DFKI encourages applications from people with disability; DFKI intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position.