Development of new machine learning/computer vision approaches for human performance capture and human interaction, with focus on real-time hand interaction with objects.
Parallel Computing (CPU / GPU), Distributed Computing, High-Performance Computing.
- A Master Degree in a relevant field (computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering),
- Experience in programming, machine learning (deep learning, neural networks), computer vision (image processing and segmentation, optical flow), human-robot/computer interaction is considered,
- Preferred tech: Python, PyTorch, OpenCV, C++.
- Excellent English level.
- Possibilty of PhD and European connections/travels
- Excellent equipment
- An innovative, agile and professional working environment at one of the most outstanding IT locations in Germany
We look forward to receiving your application documents with a curriculum vitae and stating your earliest possible starting date via our applicant portal.
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) is Germany’s leading business-oriented research institution in the field of innovative software technologies based on artificial intelligence methods. In the international scientific community, DFKI ranks among the most recognized “Centers of Excellence” and currently is the biggest research center worldwide in the area of Artificial Intelligence and its application in terms of number of employees and the volume of external funds. The DFKI cooperates closely with national and international companies.
DFKI encourages applications from people with disability; DFKI intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position.
Please find a more detailed job description here: https://jobs.dfki.de/en/vacancy/researcher-472261.html